- 1/2 lb thick-cut bacon chopped
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 bunch scallions diced
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 7 ounces precooked sausage linkschopped
- 32 ounces frozen tater tots
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13-inch dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon for 3 minutes stirring occasionally. Add the diced onion to the bacon and continue to cook for another 5 minutes or so until the bacon is cooked and onions are translucent. Use this cooking time to prep your other ingredients.
- Once cooked, add the bacon, onions, and any grease to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the peppers, scallions, 2 cups of cheese, sausage, and tater tots and mix everything together.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, pepper, garlic powder, and salt. Pour the mixture over the top of the tater tot mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheese and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Recipe and photo by realhousemoms.com.